Access to the raw data is restricted to specific officers at Customer Service for analysis and to assess the success of Customer Service in meeting its objectives.
Customer Service may gather more extensive information than stated above, in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on the Customer Service website
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the Customer Service website
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the Customer Service website by other websites
- attempts to intercept messages of other Customer Service website users
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the Customer Service website by other users
- Customer Service may make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the website raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed. In the event of an investigation Customer Service will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
In some cases, Customer Service may permit users to submit information or conduct transactions (eg licence applications, purchasing of publications) on its website. As there may be specific legal provisions relating to the use of information submitted for the purpose of conducting an official transaction with Customer Service, the scope of the user's privacy in those cases will be explained on the transaction page.
Customer Service does not have responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to this website.
The feedback forms on this website enable users to comment on the provision of service.
The provision of personal details on feedback forms is optional. Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback. Any personal details provided will be securely stored and used for the purpose of improving the Customer Service website and services.
Customer Service may publish information about feedback on the site, but does not publish information that identifies or can be used to identify individual users.
Any complaints can be submitted by using the feedback form.