TestSafe is a NATA, JAS-ANZ and IECEx system accredited, internationally recognised testing agency that provides specialist testing, assessment and product certification services.
TestSafe is one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere and one of only a few facilities worldwide offering these services and is staffed with internationally recognised engineers, scientists and technical experts.
Services provided to industry to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and legislation include:
- testing and certifying the designs of electrical equipment used in hazardous atmospheres
- auditing of Australian and international manufacturers of electrical equipment certified for use in underground coal mines in NSW to ensure the products are manufactured in accordance with the certified design
- testing of the material used in the manufacture of conveyor belts used in underground coal mines to determine flammability properties
- non-destructive and destructive testing of wire ropes used in coal mines
- testing of diesel engine systems to ensure heat and ignition sources are designed to prevent explosions in underground coal mines
- testing the performance of fire extinguishers used in domestic and commercial premises
- analysis of chemicals used in workplaces to determine the exposure levels to workers
- testing of personal protective equipment such as helmets, respirators and eyewear
- auditing manufacturers under the Factory Mutual (FM) Scheme.
The work is essential for:
- designers and manufacturers of electrical equipment, or diesel powered equipment, used in explosive environments
- occupational hygienists or doctors requiring analysis of a worker's blood or urine
- manufacturers of conveyor belting used in hazardous atmospheres
- coal mine owners for the non-destructive testing of wire ropes in underground coal mines.
For customer service enquiries about chemical and electrical testing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4724 4900 between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.