Data Analytics Centre
The NSW Data Analytics Centre (DAC) collaborates with Government agencies and approaches complex, stakeholder-oriented problems through the provision of the following services:
Apply analytics and data science approaches to realise the potential of data to improve customer outcomes
- Lead on Commonwealth and cross-jurisdictional data coordination
- Provide stewardship for linked data assets
- Provide capability and support for agency-led projects
- Inspire widespread adoption of analytics and data science
- Support policy and service development and delivery using machine learning, automation and Artificial Intelligence.
Build a strong data culture and promote the release, sharing and use of data to contribute to better customer outcomes
- Maintain Data.NSW, including enhancing data discoverability, enabling user feedback and publishing data stories and case studies
- Provide data strategy, policy, guidance, and tools to support release, sharing and use of data
- Provide support on data governance, including on privacy, security and ethics
- Build a strong data culture and enhance data capability across government
- Coordinate the Data Champions Network and undertake public engagement and data events.
Provide world class capability for data science and analytics, safe data sharing and data search and discovery
- Provide secure and strongly governed data infrastructure
- Enable automated discovery of government data
- Provide research, analytics and insights tools and virtual workspaces
- Provide data visualisation capabilities
- Provide self-service analytics.