20 December 2016
- We aim to open all correspondence within one business day of receipt, and respond, where required, within 20 working days of receipt, and no later than 30 working days of receipt. You can request a response by checking the box on the contact page.
- If the response to all the issues you have raised is likely to take longer than 30 working days, we will advise you accordingly.
- If the matter you have raised does not fall under the portfolios of either Minister we will forward your correspondence to the appropriate Minister and agency for their attention and response.
- We do not respond to correspondence where the Minister or Department is not the primary recipient, but marked as a “cc” (carbon copy); or “bc” (blind copy).
- We accept invoices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by post to McKell Building, 2-24 Rawson Place, Sydney NSW 2000; or as instructed by a business contact within the Department.
- We cannot receive or respond to faxed correspondence as the Department no longer uses fax machines.
- Unsolicited advertisements will be deleted and no response will be issued.
- Any correspondence which is deemed to contain threats or advocates illegal activities will be forwarded to the NSW Police.
- We do not respond to correspondence containing offensive language or content.
- Your correspondence, once received, will become a formal departmental record and government information. We will treat this with the appropriate level of confidentiality, consistent with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998 and the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
Document Type: Policy Document